Jelaskan perbedaan antara other, another, dan the other

Discussion in 'Bahasa Inggris' started by Prima Marvey, Aug 31, 2016.

ads

1. Prima Marvey

Prima Marvey Member

Jelaskan perbedaan antara other, another, dan the other ?

Other
    Ini digunakan untuk menyatakan benda/bagian/objek dalam jumlah plural. other. Other digunakan untuk menyatakan bagian atau sisa dari benda yang lain yang tergabung kedalam kelompok. Tetapi benda yang jumlahnya banyak atau lebih dari satu.
    Example :
    - Some people like having coffe with breakfast, other people like tea, and others prefer to have none
    - Some people like having coffe with breakfast, others like tea, and others prefer to have none
    - Mos countries in the world are ruled by democracy, while other countries are not. And there are others are ruled by different political system

Another
    Ini digunakan untuk menyatakan benda/bagian/objek secara tunggal. Another digunakan untuk menyatakan bagian atau sisa dari benda yang lain yang tergabung kedalam kelompok dalam bentuk tunggal.
    Example :
    - When I finished my coffe, I asked for another cup and then another. Thus, I had three cups of coffe this morning
    - I thought that I could finish the report in ten days, but now I understand that I need another ten days
    - When asked the teacher another question, he got a little bothered. Indeed, when I asked him another, he went mad!

The other
    The other digunakan untuk menyebut benda lain yang merupakan bagian dari himpunannya. The other bisa digunakan untuk menyebut benda lain secara singular ataupun plural. Benda yang disebutkan dalam the other ini sudah jelas, yaitu yang merupakan sisa bagian himpunan didalam suatu kelompok
    Example :
    - The are two colors on the Turkish flag, one is red, and the other one is white
    - There are two colors on the Turkish flag, one is red, and the other is white
    - There are three colors on the American flag, one is red, the others colors are white and blue
    - There are three colors on American flag, one is red, the others are white and blue

ads

ads